shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Saturday, July 19, 2008

debt free by 30 three



I love books. I actually have a very real problem where if I walk into a bookstore, I walk out with 1 or 2 books, it's addictive. So it's exciting to now love Amazon, because even with all the postage, it's SO much cheaper than purchasing them in the physical stores. *Bliss* My latest arrival is the gorgeous Living Out Loud by the fantastical Keri Smith. Ohh this lady is a genius! So creating, loving, amazing and inspiring! The book is full of colour and creative ways to make your life full of beans and joy. I just had a huge grin on my face whilst reading : )

And even better, she has a new book out! Yay! So the fun will continue! I just wish it came a day earlier so I could have taken it with me on the flight to Perth. Yes - I made it over to WA for the first time this week, for some work stuff. Of course I also managed to go on the wettest day they've had in years, but still, what a beautiful city. And you gotta love inflight movies! I finally checked out The Other Boleyn Girl, and not really knowing much about it - WOW! Such a fantastic flick, and great cast. It always sounds so cheesy when people say that (oh yes, fabulous cast, dahhhhling), but with Eric Bana, Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johanssen, it really did.

On the way back I got to see Lars and the Real Girl, which made me cry - really moving and yummo Ryan Gosling is tasty (even if he falls in love with a doll). What a movie - really touching. I started to also check out Manufacturing Dissent but ran out of time. That is the doco made about Michael Moore and I need to get it out! Looked great.

On the home front, I was all set in my pj's last night but ended up going out to see Something For Kate, a band who I used to lurve, but then kind of moved on from. However, so so glad I went - they played a whole mixture from all their albums and I was singing along.. fun night. Got to catch up with an old friend as well which was really nice.
So feeling a little heady today and am still in the pj's, but hey, that's what Sundays are all about, right? ;) So yes, most of the day has been spent in bed and reading. I've just started The 100 Mile Diet, which I'm just devouring. Raises so many interesting points and it's a little (lot!) scary to realise just how far removed we are from our food.
I've also been back on the lookout for new Personal Finance blogs, as I'm finally making movement on paying of the debt. It's looking like I could well be debt free by 33 and that makes my heart shine. Bring it on!!!! Anyway, so I found some cool blogs (will update my sidebar soon) and the best couple of links are below. 100 great tips for saving money & 100 things to do during a money free weekend. Some pretty cool ideas : )
So right now I'm checking out some good books, loving some interesting PF blogs and also found a new dangerous link - the Top 100 Aussie Women Blogs - because I don't already spend enough time online as it is! Eep! Some awesome new discoveries to be found.
Now though, I've got to focus on the task at hand - deciding what to cook for dinner. I am needing some more peace, love and brown rice in my life so the food is gonna be healthy and wholesome, and even better, I'll get to share it with my gorgeous flatmate.

Life is good : )
**Honourable Mention has to go to Mad Mex - an awesome new mexican place on Crown Street in Surry Hills. YUM YUM YUM. I love Mexican - but let me tell you, it's damn hard to find good tasting Mexican deliciousness around Sydney. This goes part way in helping ammend that problem.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger SavingDiva said...

Great book recommendations! I will definintely request teh 100 mile diet from my local library!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home