shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Sunday, June 29, 2008

In a Nutshell

Well I had a great big recap of my week ready to post up here... but i can't seem to open gmail for some reason so here's a recap of things making my world turn at the moment...

Gaiam Yoga Club is something I'm starting this week. Rodney Yee is one of my fave yoga instructors and this is a great new club where you practice at home at your own pace. Best of all, the supply you with loads of meditation and practice podcasts.

Friends, I am becoming a runner. What's that saying?? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? Well yes, I'm imitating my bella sister who is now a runner. Yes - my sister, who gave birth to a gorgeous little LaLa not too long ago. And she looks good! So I'm inspired to imitate her, and have joined a running group. First session was last friday (at 6.15am!!!) and it rocked! The gal who runs the running club (hehe) is a runner herself and also a sports massage therapist, and she's all about technique and how to do it safely. I have signed up for a block of 10 and now just need to buy a headband to cover my ears (it's cold in the morning!)

I'm also back on the goal of cooking a dish from every one of my cookbooks before the year is out. I love reading cookbooks - and dreaming of what I'll create. But then I become lazy and just stick to the good old faves. But I have some delish looking recipes and I'll create tonight!

Meditation is something I need to pick up this week too. I saw my lovely counsellor and then had acupuncture this week, and a LOT of stuff came up. I'm still digesting most of it but i need an outlet for it, and just a way of dealing with it. So meditation might be the key. Another way of dealing with it is by being active - the yoga is good, the running is good, but I'm also (on the recommendation of my therapist!) taking up kickboxing. I'm looking forward to it!

So that's me, in a nutshell. Hope you are keeping smiley too! x

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home