shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Monday, October 29, 2007

Operation 'Get It Together'

What I have been thinking lately:
I am really run down at the moment, really really run down. Not surprising though - I haven't had a holiday in a long time! I was teaching yoga full time for a year, then started work at a PR company for 5 months without a holiday, then worked at Field Day and Big Day Out for a month without a break, then worked at Chauvel for 9 months without a break, and now am at Red and have had no break at all during this time! My first 3 weeks at Red saw me sleeping every spare second I could as I had the head cold from hell - seriously - and now I've got work gigs and such (which I love)... and I still need that holiday!

So yep, time to Get It Together!! Obviously because I'm so tired I've just let everything go - eating, exercising, me time... I need to start going to the gym. I need to do a lot more yoga. I need to eat healthy food. I need to rest up.




















working working working... but at least a lot of it is fun! I worked at Legs 11 on Friday evening at the box office, see all those tickets to give out? L - the view inside the office. R - the view outside the office! We were in the Domain so you can see the lights right in front of where we were, from the Art Gallery.
Mentally, I'm in an ok kind of place - the neurofeedback has really picked me up and I've noticed my moods improving greatly. Check out this wonderful and inspiring gal's journey out of depression, thanks to exercise. Food for thought.... so much so that I'm keen to participate in my own 12 week challenge!
Starting tomorrow I'm getting right into the Operation. This week I am committing to:
Monday - day after the ARIA's, rest/recovery day! (although I did manage to have a salad sandwich for lunch!)
Tuesday - gym before work, just half an hour. I really noticed after my cold that it has taken me a long time to get back into shape. Heck, not even getting into shape - but just doing anything! I have been completely out of breath and wiped out, so just doing half an hour of treadmill/bike. Night - a work dinner.
Wednesday - gym before work, teaching 1 yoga class.
Thursday - gym before work, work party at night
Friday - gym before work, gig at night
Saturday - Body Vive class at gym, travelling down the coast
Sunday - yay for parties!
Monday - teaching 2 yoga classes after work, will do half hour treadmill/bike in between them

driving back to sydney after spending time with my bella sis down the coast. definitely going to stock up on the 'me' time!

What I have been listening to lately:
I recently discovered Bat for Lashes and *woohoo* I love them. Also - Tunng, need to discover more of their music. An album coming out next year is by The Fashion, and I can't wait for that. Really really digging the album.






music music music... I've been listening - and attending. me and bron at the ARIA's last night







What I have been reading lately:
Frankie magazine, I love it - right from the first issue a couple of years ago, till this very day. One thing I discovered from the new issue is Mixtape Zine - and lots of other blogs too. Thanks PM, I'm in heaven!!


PS - oh daylight savings, how i LOVE you!
PPS - did you know that toothpaste on pimples really works to dry them out?!!
PPPS - why am I still getting pimples at my age?!!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger yublocka said...

Talk about lots going on!! Amazed you can pull it all together. Hope you get a chance for some R&R time soon!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home