shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Seriously…

When did it become ok for me to let my house become so darn messy? I have papers strewn here, there and everywhere. I have clothes piled onto the lounge. The unmade bed is looking at me and it’s gotten to the stage where I have to create a pathway to get from one side of my house to the other.
Ok, so I live in a studio (ie. a room!) so it’s not like I can shut the door on the mess and have one clean room etc. But this is a joke. Living alone has its benefits – you can be as neat/anal or as messy/crazy as you want to, but it’s time for even me to have the spring clean happen. And gee, must say I’ve been inspired in part by Yublocka who is going hell for leather on this task!!

Other things on the radar – cooking! I have been pulling out some of my delish cookbooks and finding new yummy treats to make and create. You know when Spring arrives, warm weather beckons and salads are the order of the day? Well, that’s me. I also went on a full on detox for the first couple of weeks of August and was amazed at how great I felt, so I’m looking forward to doing a lot more of that. I am loving this book - so stay tuned for reviews of my culinary expertise ;)
I’ve also gotten a new job, with a new car (yay!) so anything new is a good time to set up some new habits. I’m all for fresh starts and habits in case you’d not picked that up ; ) The new car means I’ll be able to do big grocery shops at the farmers markets and also enjoy picnics, sunshine and road trips without the hassle of public transport. I’m excited : )

Hope yr all well! Oh - and a massive THANK YOU for all of you who have donated to my Yoga Aid Challenge. I'm trying to raise $250 for Barnardos by doing 108 Sun Salutes this October, and I'm happy to say I've only got just over $80 left to make. Care to donate a dollar or 2? Then click on the link and I am sending smiles your way : )

x

PS - for those who were asking what a Sun Salute is, check out www.shinyyoga.com and read all about it! x

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

Congratulations on your new job Shiny. That is fantastic. And yes, a car can be a very handy thing sometimes, especially when shopping - but just remember that you have made a great life without having to use one all the time, so remember to let it sleep every now and again LOL.

Thank you for your sparkles on my birthday - I received them by the bucket load.. :)

Have a wonderful week

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger yublocka said...

You've got so much going on right now - it's invigorating!!

And thanks for the shout-out! I've said it before and will say it again - focusing on 1 (or 2 or 3) items at a time much such a huge difference if you do it many times. I'm all about minimal effort and multiple reps :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home