shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Friday, August 03, 2007

What's going on?

Movie to see: Shut Up & Sing, this is such a good movie!!! I was never a fan of the Dixie Chicks before... now I admire them SO much!

Thing to do: I'm teaching 3 classes this weekend, and looking forward to practicing as a student tomorrow morning, then running on the treadmill for 20 mins on Sunday.

Thing to eat: Lots of fruit and veg. I've just finished Day 2 of a mini-detox, with the help of the ever inspiring Dr Gillian McKeith. Sticking with it.. that is the trick! I'm definitely eating more than fruit and veg over the weekend (but yikes, I feel SO light and fresh right now) but still keeping wheat, gluten, caffiend and alcohol free.

Book to read: Am halfway through Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping, by Judith Levine. It's very inspiring!!

Task to complete: tax, yep, still gotta get all my tax stuff together. hmmm... procrastinating... procrastinating..

Stuff to cook: One of my 43 Things to do is to choose 5 recipes from the lovely Dreena Burton's Vive Le Vegan cookbook, and actually cook them. I've dog eared a few pages that caught my fancy, so I reckon I'll be doing some shopping for ingredients this weekend. Go and have a look at her site - I dare you to leave it without salivating!!

Cheerio for now, and hope yr all well! x

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger B said...

The movie sounds interesing, i'm not a huge fan of "The Chicks" but we used to do some of their stuff in the country band I was in. Great harmonies.
You didn't give us an update on the speed dating, I would love to hear how that went, if you did it.
A year without shopping? Uh uh - not for me!! hehe There's no way I could go a year without buying shoes for starters. LOL.
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Bri

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger M said...

Hey there sparkly girl. Meant to send you an email to say it was great to catch up with you at brunch. Hope you are doing well.

xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home