shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Friday, August 03, 2007

What's going on?

Movie to see: Shut Up & Sing, this is such a good movie!!! I was never a fan of the Dixie Chicks before... now I admire them SO much!

Thing to do: I'm teaching 3 classes this weekend, and looking forward to practicing as a student tomorrow morning, then running on the treadmill for 20 mins on Sunday.

Thing to eat: Lots of fruit and veg. I've just finished Day 2 of a mini-detox, with the help of the ever inspiring Dr Gillian McKeith. Sticking with it.. that is the trick! I'm definitely eating more than fruit and veg over the weekend (but yikes, I feel SO light and fresh right now) but still keeping wheat, gluten, caffiend and alcohol free.

Book to read: Am halfway through Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping, by Judith Levine. It's very inspiring!!

Task to complete: tax, yep, still gotta get all my tax stuff together. hmmm... procrastinating... procrastinating..

Stuff to cook: One of my 43 Things to do is to choose 5 recipes from the lovely Dreena Burton's Vive Le Vegan cookbook, and actually cook them. I've dog eared a few pages that caught my fancy, so I reckon I'll be doing some shopping for ingredients this weekend. Go and have a look at her site - I dare you to leave it without salivating!!

Cheerio for now, and hope yr all well! x

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Apple2Hourglass said...

The movie sounds interesing, i'm not a huge fan of "The Chicks" but we used to do some of their stuff in the country band I was in. Great harmonies.
You didn't give us an update on the speed dating, I would love to hear how that went, if you did it.
A year without shopping? Uh uh - not for me!! hehe There's no way I could go a year without buying shoes for starters. LOL.
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Bri

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

Hey there sparkly girl. Meant to send you an email to say it was great to catch up with you at brunch. Hope you are doing well.

xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home