shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My new loves

+ Aesop products. Me = in love.
All natural and good for those with sensitive skin, this shop is gold. And the people that work there are amazing and friendly too – they give you samples, they spend time with you talking about your skin.. I just hate it when hoity toity stores expect you to shell out lots of money for expensive creams and cleansers, but won’t give you samples! So Aesop, it’s my new fave.

+ Glitter eye liner from Kit.
Now, I’m a glitter girl, it’s no surprise. But I wouldn’t have ever bought this stuff if the girl in the shop wasn’t wearing it. She looked so darn cute with the sprinkle of glitter across her lid… and she gave me a make up lesson. Yes, I’m old enough that I should know how to apply makeup, but I’ve more of the minimal (foundation only) type of gal myself.

+ Maroon knee highs from Alannah Hill
Got them today and they actually didn’t break the bank. I’ve a work event next week and was going to wear just plain black stockings with my tailored shorts and heels (yep, I’m pulling out the twice a year heels!) but I couldn’t go past these to add a splash of colour. Can’t wait!

+ Yoga at Ashtanga Yoga Space
LOVING the dynamic classes I’ve begun taking here. It’s extremely challenging – not just the asana, but the heat in the room! It really builds up in there but I adore it. I have been doing some lunchtime classes and they’re a great excuse to get out and move during the work day, but me.. I love dynamic yoga and this, this gives it to me!

+ Weekends
It’s been a long time between breaks, literally, and I’ve been busy sleeping (catching up on it!) and chilling and cleaning and reading and getting some sunshine.. Have taken extra care of myself after a really trying few weeks with depression and came across a doctor that should be banned from working (I thank god I have had D for a while so knew to just ignore this doc’s advice… but feel so much hurt for a first timer who would be confused and hurt by the demeanor shown me).

Seriously, it’s a hard thing to pull together courage for doctors visits when so many of them have been enough to turn me off them for good (I literally walked out of my appt with the doc as we were getting no where, and sobbed in the reception area when paying!) – but out of the black comes a ray of light. I’ve found an amazing doctor’s surgery with caring receptionists (she let me sob and hiccup on the ph) and I still have a glimmer of hope that there are good ones out there.

Hope you’re all smiling : )

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home