shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Monday, April 30, 2007

A change of pace

During my yoga classes in the last month, my focus has been on SATYA (sanskrit for Truth). I also set the challenge to be truthful to myself, and made a decision today that I feel really at peace with.. the first time at peace in a long time.

I am going to enjoy weekends again for the first time in a loooong time. Real, 2 day weekends. I'm also going to work on some longterm health issues. I'm giving up a couple of yoga classes to do so and it's weird. I've gone so long without weekends that I actually don't really know what people do when they have time off.

I live alone, but I'm busy all the time. It's going to be scary to have more time alone, well.. no. Rather, it's going to be an effort trying to fill the time.

But maybe that's a pointer to what I'm struggling with at the moment healthwise, so here's to an exciting fresh start.

: )

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Hon, this sounds like a really good move for you. It sounds like you need to give yourself a little more you time and there's nothing wrong with that. I have no doubt you'll find stuff to do on your weekends, like...extra long sleep ins, brekky with friends, brunches, sitting in bookstores, trapezing, hula hooping, simply being... :-)

x

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Picasso's Muse said...

This is great news! Weekends are there for a reason - to relax and rejuvenate after the working week. Just enjoy relaxing and doing things that you WANT to do not HAVE to... xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home