shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Shiny's Big Bad Debt Tally

It worked going online for Karyn, so I'm gonna give it a whirl too.

Debt
Personal Loan: 4949 (now 3127.75)
Credit Card: 3250 (now 2958.34)
Mum: 4000
Library fines: 50
Car Share: 1000 (paid off!!)

Starting: $13249 (Jan 1, 08) (FARK!!!!)
Current: $10136.09 (August 18, 08)
Paid Off: $
3112.91

Savings
Current: $100
Goal 1: $500
Goal 2: $1000
Goal 3: $5000

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Picasso's Muse said...

Good for you for stepping up and facing this:) There are heaps of people that don't!! You have a great plan and I'm sure you'll find that it ends up dropping quicker than you expect once you commit to paying off this debt. Go you!!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger lg said...

One step at a time my sweet. Just like you said to me, remember how far we've both come.

Hols are nearly here xxx

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for the motivation to do something about my own debt. I've now put it all into an excel spreadsheet and it'll be nice to see the numbers go down and remind me not to spend any more until they do. Damn money. Damn consumption and the want.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger CaramelKitKat said...

Good on you Shiny, debt kept in the dark is so much more evil.

You have probably already thought of this, but just in case you haven't... Is the interest on your personal loan less than that on your credit card? If so, you could save on interest by consolodating. Although, by how quickly you're making a dent the cc debt will be knocked over in no time.

Have a great weekend!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger yublocka said...

You're killing this one babe, well done. Slowly but surely is the best way to do these things!!!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Go Shiny! Nice to see you killing the evil debt.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger El Goober said...

Gooooo Shinykins!

I thought about doing this as well but my numbers are just too embarrassingly large for public consumption.

But I thought I'd give you the thumbs up you deserve!

And I'm doing my happy dance for you too!

*does the happy shuffle for shiny and debt reduction*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home