shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Sunday, October 22, 2006

bodies are strange

i know.. we all know it. but this has been my first weekend in over a whole year of having 2 whole days together, a weekend, free of work. no appointments, nothing.

and what happens? I get the flu and am dying.

It's always the way, isn't it? you're about to go on hols, let go, and get sick.

anyway, hopefully the usual 48 hours of major, feeling like crap is over soon.
bring on the nurofen plus, more updates later.

xx

Update: so after my mum came to my rescue on monday afternoon, with my 'flu' getting worse and worse, she took me to the doctor where I found out I actually had streptococcal tonsilitis.. with a huge inflamed and infected throat, and a soaring temp of 39.5 degrees (the average is 35 or 36). So I'm on the antibiotics (Yum) and nurofen plus, and finally got my first decent sleep in over 3 days... makes you realise how well you are when you aren't sick!
thanks mummy. xxxx

6 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope you get better soon matey and make sure you REST! That means doing absolutely NO EXERCISE as well.

x

 
At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was only talking about this yesterday with a friend...you go go go and when you stop you get sick!

Hope you feel better soon

xxx

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger yinyogi said...

Feck sake! Take care of yourself Shiny!

xx

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger philippa_moore said...

Hope you're feeling better Shiny!! It always seems to happen that way - the minute we have a break, the body decides to get sick!! Not fair, is it?!

Take care of yourself, looking forward to more of your happy delightful posts soon

xoxox

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey w

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger missy vas said...

Hope you are feeling better... Apparently we have a mutual friend - Bronwyn T? Mary said that she met with her through you - what a small world it is...
take care
vx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home