shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

1 day = 25 hours

Well, that's what we'd hope for at times! I swear, sometimes I just don't know how to fit it all in! But then when you take a moment to check out how to simplify your life, you become amazed at just how much time you actually waste. Yep, time w.a.s.t.i.n' - that's me way too much of the time. At least some of the time. Eep!
When I set a goal on 43 Things a while back, to 'watch less tv', I was completely blown away at how much I achieved - how clean my house was - and how much I was reading. So today when I came across this cool link (note to self: stop wasting so much time on the net!), I started thinking about what I want to achieve in life, what I want to fill up my time with, and what I'm currently wasting it on.
This article is from a cool crafty site - so it's tailored towards making time for project-making, but it can refer to anything you're keen to complete... check it out!

Life gets in the way. Work. Family. Errands. Emergencies. Chores. Someone has to change the litter, make dinner, go to the store to pick up milk. You've got to bring home the bacon, and you've got to fry it up in the pan. Then you have to wash the dishes, and make sandwiches for the next day at lunch, and deal with the complaints about BLT sandwiches, again. (read more here, on 52 Projects)

Love it!
So as of today I'm re-opening the goal to stop watching so much tv, and to start using my time more wisely. In this new-found time I'm going to participate in Boot Camp, I'm going to actually cook some of the delicious meals I'm finding in my new cookbooks, I'm gonna write (and post!) more snail mail, and I'm going to have a sparkly, clean house. It's a good time for me to be busy as well, with everything else that is going on in my life, so here's to creating the life I want to live!
x

3 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

Hello Shiny, just read your last post and I am so sorry things have been so "craptastic" for you. I think we all feel like that little girl in the tree at times.
I hope there is something really wonderful just around the corner for you and it happens soon.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger yinyogi said...

Good to see you so positive shinester. You are totally right to take this as an opportunity to be an upgraded version!

littlegrover, if I see Lindsay Lohan's *$%!!! one more time...some get that girl to wear knickers!!!

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, TV huh...try working for it! It is a huge time waster. I really like the way you look at things babe, you're inspiring :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home