shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Friday, December 15, 2006

Detox for a new year?

At an old place I used to work, Eat Fit Food would come around every lunchtime - offering an amazing selection of healthy lunches to purchase. They'd also have wraps and muffins and juices... all freshly prepared and so tasty. I loved it!

And what a great idea - so many office workers will just eat crappy takeaway, or nothing, because they can't be bothered or don't have time to go out and get something healthy.

One thing I was always interested in doing was their 10 day detox programme - here's the guff:

Introducing the Eat Fit Food 10-day detox plan, a program to energise cleanse & motivate! The plan will invigorate your body, rid your system of toxins & kick start a healthy eating lifestyle. Featuring food that is high in antioxidants, amino acids and phytochemicals, the comprehensive program will detoxify you body without relying on commercial pills.

The Eat Fit Food Detox Plan is followed over a 10 day period. There is no alcohol, dairy or red meat and only small amounts of saturated fats. The chicken is certified organic and only the freshest local fish is sourced. To experience optimum benefits from the program, stimulants such as coffee, cola drinks, alcohol, tea & sugar must be avoided.

Your food will arrive on your doorstep every second day. Inside your insulated cooler bag will be a pre breakfast cleansing juice, additional supplements, two additional snacks, breakfast, lunch & dinner.

What are you waiting for?


And I'm really considering doing it in the new year - to treat myself and to start off a new year full of health and energy. The one downfall - it isn't cheap. But one thing that starts happening when I get depressed is that I don't eat - or I just eat takeaway, or shit. And this is happening lots lately. Today, for example, I've eated a tin of corn, and a tin of spaghetti. All day. Yuck.
SO I might do it.

We'll see.

I need something to get me happy again.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Mary said...

OMG you're kidding me! We are too frickin' similar. I just emailed them the other day for their Detox dates in January. I'll forward you the email. I'm going to do it too. Freeaaakkyyy!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Don't forget you can always come around and hang too :-)

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger swirlyange said...

That sounds like such a good idea....I think it's so great that there are companies out there doing stuff like this. I think you should treat yourself hon...I'm sure it will have you starting the year feeling really healthy and positive....in mind and body.

Big hugs! xo

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Picasso's Muse said...

It sounds like Jenny Craig except really really nice food. Terrific idea - wish they had something like that here!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home