shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Today has been a long day

So I heard someone talking the other day and one thing they said in particular has completely stuck with me -> "I've gotten through the past 10 years with a self help book in one hand, and a glass of wine in the other"

After I stopped with the belly laughing I really thought about this and wonder why it is that I'm always LOOKING - looking for the answer, looking for something to fill that void I can't help but feel, lookingfor whatever it is that will make me feel ok about being me.

I have read so many self-help books and done so much bloody therapy that I should be an enlightened being by now but still, I'm so so far off. Soooo far off.

But that said, I'm still going ok. I'm working through things and each day I find out more and more about myself. Yet I do wonder if one ever stops 'looking'? I mean, do YOU have this thing about continual searching? I have no idea.. is it just me?

*Sigh*


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger kelly said...

all you can do is take it one day at a time....

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger molly said...

the ego likes to think we are separate - that we are the ONLY ones feeling what we feel. not true or all those self-help books wouldn't be so popular.!! there is a meditation practice i'm learning about called Tonglen (pema chodron teaches about it if you want google her).. where as when we feel things like that, we breath it all in for all the others in the world feeling that same thing at the moment. i need to learn more but i tried practicing it and can see where it would be helpful. the cool thing is we immediately realize when feeling/thinking something that others must be feeling/thinking it too, getting us out of ourselves. ah well - i prob didn't explain it quite right but check it out :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home