shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Debt Advice Welcome!

As many of you will know (or have realised by now), I have a BIG addiction.. BOOKS! I cannot walk into a bookstore without buying one. It is my dream to own a house and have one room just dedicated to all my books!!

And there are many worse addictions.. I know. But to get to the "own the house" part, I need to curb the spending on books part.

And right now, I have many books that I could (should?) well sell/give away/exchange in order to create some flow.

SO - 2nd hand book stores are the obvious choice. But last time I went to one I gave them nearly a whole bag full of books and got $20 bucks. Blah. (And I'm lazy - just being honest!)

Ebay would be ok - but my prior experience is that books don't really sell well on there (that was a couple of years ago tho).

And the last option I know of is to just give them all to St Vinnies (we're talking about 6 big bags of books, here!) and let others in need purchase nearly new books for nix. Karma.

So friends - what would you do? I seriously have LOTS of books to get moving, and many of them are 99% new (read once after being bought brand new!).

Thoughts and suggestions very very welcome : ) xx

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

If they are reasonably mainstream books, book a stall at your nearest market! They only charge about $20 for a stall, and most places I see charge good money for the books they sell & make a good profit.

The guy I regularly see at my market has some of the latest novels for about $12. Much better than what the 2nd hand store would give him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home