shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Sunday, April 08, 2007

hippety, hoppety, Happy Easter

Today is a sunny Easter day here in Sydney, and as it is also a Sunday, I taught my open hatha yoga class his morning. It was splendid - I just can't tell you how much I love the studio I practice in, with the light streaming in, big big windows, a soft dance floor and a glorious mirror to reflect all the light. Love it.

And as it was Easter, of course I had to bring in a big bowl of little choccie eggs for everyone to share. Enjoy!

As I walked through the doors of my apartment building coming home after class, I still had a bowl brimming with eggs, so I placed an egg in front of every door in my apartment complex. I felt a bit stealthy - tiptoe-ing down the halls so as not to get sprung! And the best part, no one knows it was me. (Though there was a cute post-it note in the elevator when I got back in this afternoon, thanking the 'easter bunny') Isn't that the best? Doing things, knowing ppl will smile from it?

So all in all, I hope you are enjoying your easter weekend too.


* * * * * * * *
It's been a while since I've had a few days off - and I've taught a couple of yoga classes over these days, but still, having time off work is a blast. In my yoga classes lately I've been discussing the idea of us becoming "human doings" rather than "human doings" -> and I am one of the big offenders! A free day? Sure, I'll cover your yoga class. A free couple of hours? Sure, I'll do first aid/work back/work early/cook for you/insert busy doing thing here!

So this afternoon and tomorrow are just for me to BE. To sit at home, go for a walk, have some free time and just BE. Not be a teacher, a student, an employee or a daughter. I'm just going to BE.

I think that most of us in this day and age, we've forgotten how to be bored. Or we perhaps feel guilty if we're bored, and not filling up our moments with online chatting/radio listening/paper flicking/bathroom cleaning.

If we don't REST (ie. STOP!) when does our body and our mind have time to rejuvinate?

So the rest of this weekend for me, is about stopping, and just being with myself. Scary, but exciting.

Hope you are all finding some time for yourselves as well.

shiny xx
PS - are you all chocolate'd out? My bella sister and I decided to take each other out for a coffee instead of giving chocolate eggs. Fab idea. And if you have little ones - how about giving them a beautiful lil' bunny instead of one million chocolate eggs? The above bunny is hand-made by Hop Skip Jump, I want one!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Aww, your Sunday sounded like bliss and I can't wait to check out your classes at the new studio. Hopefully soon!

You're gorgeous for being a "secret squirrel" as well. That's the best kind of surprise as well and I can just imagine how warm and fuzzy people felt from the egg drop. See...not all the world is a mean, horrible place.

Cheers to just BEing babe. I agree, we all need these days and it helps to re-focus and balance ourselves. Especially living in the City where everything is happening all the time.

Enjoy your Monday!!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Nadine Fawell said...

I spent all of last week just being. It was so great! But now I am back in work mode, and, well, things have fallen apart again. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home