shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's all about Synergy

For the first weekend in a bit, I had a free Saturday. Yep - no teaching, no appointments, no nothing : ) So what did I do? Sure, I enjoyed a sleep in and an afternoon nap, but more than anything I enjoyed my 4pm yoga class at Synergy on Australia Street. I come back to my original feelings about bikram - I just don't see why you need to go in false heat when you can sweat like you're in the middle of a sauna by just working working working!

Yep, I was SOAKED at the end of the class! Sure, the humidity was a big factor, but this class got all of my muscles moving and working and there was a really great energy in the class. Even the teacher (Stu?) said thanks to everyone at the end of it all, because he could feel how positive everyone was.

A few new poses and sequences that I really enjoyed (don't you just love when a new teacher presents things differently?) and the deepest paschimottanasana (seated forward bend) I think I've ever done!!! When it's hot, heat is your friend - it really deepens your flexibility and you have this ability to go deeper into poses than you usually can.

So add this hot weather, plus Stu pressing me down for what felt like minutes and minutes, meant that my forehead was pushing down on my shins, my hands were wrapped around the soles of my feet and I couldn't have been any further flat if I tried!

OH MY GOD I felt SO elated as I was walking out of class! And mind you, this past week I've actually been feeling a little low. So this was just what I needed - to get the energy moving round, to get the endorpins all sparkly again, and to start to believe in my strength - emotional and physical - again.

Here's to a week of continuing with this energy:
* home cooked meals
* healthy and regular snacks (2 hours, protein)
* reduced alcohol
* 2 x yoga classes (apart from teaching)
* 2 x sessions walking/running
* 2 x spend free days

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Alison Peters said...

Hope the buzz lasts for a week!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger philippa_moore said...

I love bikram too!! I hope the shiny happy feeling lasted a long time.... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home