shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Monday, March 05, 2007

Mind, body & soul detox



It’s time for a Shiny Detox. I’ve been feeling a bit blah lately and it's time to start putting steps into action to change my life. It's exciting, but the time is now. (Hold me to this, guys!!)

Mind:
* Depression is both a mind and body thing, and one of the strong pieces of advice (that worked for me) from a beautiful and inspiring lady, was fake it till you make it. It’s time for a bit of that for me.
* Also, I saw a great post on 43things which I adopted, and it is: Say one night thing to myself in the mirror everyday for a month. Simple, yet perfect. I have decided to not even worry about boys yet or wishing/wanting a relationship, but instead, I’m going to start to love and respect myself. How can I expect anyone else to when I am severely lacking that?

Body:
* No/extremely limited alcohol this week. Got to instead fill up with herbal teas, juices, and lemon and water. Need to stop this terrible habit I’ve gotten into.
* No/extremely limited takeaways this week, Lots of fruit and veg instead, and home prepared meals. Got to stop the addiction to sugar!
* Walking : ) I’m house/puppy/kitty sitting for a friend as of tonight, for one week. I need to twice daily walk her pooch, so this is a good start. I also want to start the Couch to 5K plan this week.
* Multi-vitamin, plus milk-thistle and evening primrose oil tabs each day
* Paint my toenails : ) and share other pearls of simple wisdom from the books Cheer for Yourself, The Woman’s Book of Simple Delights and The Little Book of Wellbeing.

Soul:
* like chicken soup for the soul.. I have to read positive books, surround my self with light tv shows and music and people. I need to just enjoy being happy for a while.
* Little stuff – like flowers in my home (done).
* Share a quote I like each day on my blog. Something that lifts me up.
* Where does a money detox go? I’m putting it here as well, because I really need to have a spend-free week (except for essentials) this week to make my soul happy too!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger yublocka said...

Sounds like you are in for a lovely week, not a week of deprivation at all!!!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger CaramelKitKat said...

This sounds so positive. I really like the flower idea. Each day on my way to work I step over fallen frangipanis, and last week I started picking them up. I always have a couple on my desk to smell and look at. They make me smile - for absolutely no money.

I hope you have a great week.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger lg said...

I like it - I think this sat night calls for another healthy home cooked meal, don't you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home