shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Thursday, January 17, 2008

New Years Resolutions to make 08 my Best Year Yet

There was this cool little program that I was told about, and so I got stuck into it over the holidays and not only came up with some new years resolutions, but ways how to achieve them and timelines to make magic happen by. 2 weeks into the year/half way through the first month of this newness, I thought it was time to look at the list again.

Some things were good, but some things had slipped my mind.

One of them was more ME time.. including a 'me date', or as Julia Cameron calls them – artist dates. Same thing really – some time out of my schedule that I carve just for myself, to inspire creativity or more personally, happiness. I wanted to do simple stuff – perhaps do a home facial, full body moisturise, go to a park, have a cup of tea in a café while reading a book on my own, going to an art gallery… nothing too outrageous, but why then have I not done it yet? Well – tonight I am remedying that!

One of my bad habits is that I don't give myself enough 'me time' – I spend a lot of time on my own, but that's just chilling or reading or vegging out at home. So tonight I'm exciting my senses and catching up with a dear friend. We are heading to the gorgeous Old Fitzroy in Woolloomooloo (gee, it's been years since I've been there!) and we're checking out a show. Not even sure what the show is – but how much fun will it be to see some local actors strut their stuff and have a fun (free!) night out?

Really looking forward to it and then tomorrow is Friday – the end of the week has hit us! Hoorah! Work has been pretty intense this week – I'm in festival schedule hell, but slowly working through it. Good news too – I made it to yoga a few times this week, have been eating ok, not drinking (just can't when it's so busy at work) and feeling pretty dandy all round.

Hope you are all well x

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home