shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Blame, Responsibility and Growing Up

People can tell you things over and over, but when you're ready, that's when you'll really 'hear'. With the new year I've been thinking a lot and doing a lot of introspection, and have battled with some of my habits and thoughts. Yes, I have depression - but what can I do about it? I've got to stop using it (and other things!) as an excuse, and start where I am, and move forwards.

Just tonight I was reading this fab blog, The Art of Manifesting, and I was ready to 'hear' one post in particular. I just had to share it - enjoy.

Blame vs. Responsibility
We need to take responsibility for all in our life. It is not blame. Blame involves shame and negativity and responsibility indicates spiritual maturity. With responsibility, you can look at your situation and say, “Hmmm…I created this situation. What am I suppose to learn from it? What is the belief behind it? What is the fear? How can I feel love here?” With blame all we feel is judgment and shame. With judgment we further block the flow of energy.


xx shiny

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Apple2Hourglass said...

Thanks for sharing 'blame v responsibility' it really made sense to me too. Happy New Year.
Bri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home