shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Short but sweet...

Grabbing 2 minutes while I’m in the midst of the madness at bdo…

Work is my life at the moment, but it’s not a bad life to have. The offices are gorgeous here, nice big warehouse ceilings, lunch is coming each day (thank bloody god! Some healthy food is getting in my belly!), dinner is tasty takeaway (we’ve had pizza, pasta, Japanese, Turkish pizza so far), and best yet, each hour I work I just think of the debt repayment plan! Yippee!

I am working full on – the biggest day so far was 7am till 1am the next morning.. yes, you read right. And we’re not even close to show day yet! Ahhh so much work and so little time : ) But I got a great sleep in today (till the upstairs unit started drilling their bathroom at 8am!!!!).

Water of a duck’s back is coming very much in handy – not ego’s so much, but people are just under such pressure that sometimes the manners become a bit lost in translation. But I’m giving as good as I get and the ppl here are some of the nicest ppl I’ve ever come across. It’s a really good vibe and I’m smiling.

In other news, not ending up doing the Donna Farhi workshop in March because she is charging a massive $300 for it… I’m sorry, but for a teacher (great and amazing as she is) to charge that much for a weekend practice, it’s just not cricket. (do you like that?) She’s from NZ too, so it’s not as though she’s got to spend massive amounts of money on a flight or anything. As I was discussing with a friend, WTF?!!?!

In November I did a workshop over an ENTIRE weekend with John Friend (from AMERICA – not just NZ, and he is the founder of an entire new style of yoga….) and it was cheaper than that. Plus, doing the DH weekend means I’ll have to give up teaching a Friday night class, plus a Sunday morning class (my own new class!). Even more so - $300 is rent for a week (more than!), that is over a months’ payment on a credit card, and that is over 3 weeks food budget…..

So no yoga for me.
But smiles, credit card repayments, and some yoga classes around Sydney that don’t cost an arm and a leg.

Hope yr all travelling well. x

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger lg said...

Hey w, glad to see your looking on the bright side of things xxx

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger chunkytoast said...

hey hon, glad you're hanging in there, it ain't easy! and the hourly rate is good motivation. keep it up kid!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger yublocka said...

Hi SR, just been catching up on your last months worth of posts. Looks like alot of stuff has been going on and that you're heaps busy. Hope most of it is good stuff and I agree with everyone else who has said that it seems like 2007 will be your year - so exciting!!!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Sounds like things are going as well as can be and the work is bringing in the cash to pay off your debt too! Shame you're too busy to come to the BBQ though :-( How about brunch with us on Sunday? Phil will be staying with me as of Friday night until Sunday night. Maybe we could even go have drinkies somewhere when you finish work?? I'm taking her to Patty's class tomorrow :-)

x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home