shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Sunday, December 31, 2006

hip hip hooray! Happy new year!

hey cats,

here's wishing you all a happy and sunshine filled new year! 2007 is gonna be THE year, I just know it.

2006 was a year full of crazy full on experiences and lots of changes of scenery. It was the year I really stepped out on my own and taught yoga full time. It was the year I saw the inside of a hospital again; the year I hulahooped and had a ball; the year I fell in love a little, and got jolted back out of it; but all up, it was a year of getting lost, and finding the path again.

Right now, I've got no idea where 2007 is going to see me land. But throughout the past 12 months I've come to get a clearer picture of where I don't want to be - and that is just as good. There's a great quote along the lines of "there is no such thing as a 'mistake', there's just ways of learning how NOT to do things". That could be my quote of the year :)

I have let go of myself this year - I've worked too much, and when I've had time off, I've lost the ability to really relax. I've lost a lot of joy this year too, so I'm gonna work towards getting that back. I am also making 2007 the year of making yoga a priority again.

In 2007:
I want to have energy.
I want to travel.
I want to explore.
I want to be happy.

So there's a couple of things to live up to!
Mostly though, i just want to stop being so hard on myself.

So here we go... countdown!



Love n' sunshine all! xxx

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Blogger lg said...

That's a good list w, and I like the bit about not being so hard on yourself. Love you lots and am right there with you in 07 xxx

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

2007 will be a wonderful year for you, happy new year!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Cheers to you babe and I think 2007 *is* going to be your year!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home