shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Friday, March 13, 2009

Change of Scenery

I'm moving to a new home! I'm really really excited - within 24 hours the decision was made AND a new home was found. I'm moving back out on my own (share housing, pah!) and it's a beautiful one bedroom studio in a gorgeous old federation house. Big windows, wooden floorboards, and checkboard tiles in the kitchen and bathroom - bliss : )

Living alone in Sydney obviously means there's lots of $$$ going out in rent, but it's worth it. I am so in love with my new home and sign the lease today. Hoorah!
It's amazing to realise that while I've been working on paying off my debt and doing quite well at it lately, there is much more I can be doing. I will be tightening the reigns on the budget and am actually looking forward to it. And with no flatmates to eat your food and never replace the toilet paper, I am sure there will be some expenses that actually come down ;)
Hope yr smiling x


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Mary said...

That is exciting! Once you've tasted the freedom of having your own place, it's very hard to go back isn't it? It's so much fun setting up a new home too :-)

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger philippa_moore said...

How exciting! I'd find it hard to go back to share housing now too - you just get to a point where you just want your own space! Wishing you all the best in your new home - pics soon if you can!

xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home