shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New pillows are great

I have been pretty resistant to getting new pillows for my bed. The ones I have been using are perfectly suited to me - they've been worn down just the right amount so they're really comfy, and they're just familiar.. and 'comfy'. But over the last little while I've often been waking up with neckaches and sore shoulders and headaches.

At first I thought it was just the stress of work - but then I realised it could well be my comfy pillows, which - really - aren't that comfy anymore. They're really flat and squashy and just not all that supportive. So I unwrapped the new ones my mum had given me a couple of months ago - beautiful, soft but firm, new pillows. And MY GOD i can't believe it's taken me this long to get it happening. They're great!

But a (new) comfy pillow does not a sound sleep ensure! For some reason I just couldn't sleep on Sunday night - until 2.30am. So understandably I was cranky, irritable and tired yesterday, and presumed I would sleep no worries last night. WRONG. I was tired all day but as soon as it was time to go to bed, no joy! So an hour, a magazine and fair few book chapters later, I finally managed to doze off.... and then awaken all morning by some damn bug that was feasting on my neck, my chin, my knee, my shoulder - anywhere and everywhere. Argh!

So again, I'm irritable. Mighty mighty restless. And it's so darn busy at work.
But surely (surely God!!!!) tonight I should find no problems falling asleep.

Pls cross your fingers for me.
x

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home