shinyruby

a pretty in the city gal on her way to debt freedom & healthy living a day at a time, who fills her time with yoga, music, books, baking and much much more. won't you join her?

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2009 Debt Diet


My financial goals for 2008 were to pay off my Mastercard Credit Card, and have $1000 in savings in the bank. Points – 0.

Hmmm didn’t exactly achieve those goals but in an odd twist of events I’ve actually paid heaps off my personal loan – probably the same amount that I would have paid on the credit card, so I’m still very happy.

2008 Update:
Personal Loan: 4949 (now 999.87)
Credit Card: 3250 (now 2900)
Mum: 4000 (as is)
Car Share: 1000 (paid off!!)
Amex CC: 1000
Savings: 100

Actually, it all looks pretty sad when you look at it like that.. I've only managed to pay off $5000 or so. But hey, it's better than creating more debt so I'll take it! The year also involved moving house (always an expensive task) and the usual mayhem of trying to create a budget, but I suppose this is the first time I've really laid it out for all to see (including myself, in black and white) so it's a starting point!

Here are my Financial Goals for 2009:
Personal Loan: to be paid off (starting at 999.87)
Credit Card: to be paid off (starting at 2900)
Mum: to be down to 2000 (starting at 4000)
Amex CC: to be paid off (starting at 1000)
Savings: to have 2000 in my account (starting at 100)

That means putting $1000 a month towards debt/savings - which is definitely do-able. Here we go!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger yublocka said...

Only 5K??? That is HEAPS!!! you have done so well gal, and should be v. proud!!

p.s. are you coming to brekkie on weekend? It's been too long??

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I think you have done an amazing job this past year with your debt reduction program. Because not only have you knocked off 5,000 but you haven't added to your debt - which is always such a big problem

You should be very proud. And yep, like Tamara said, will we see you on the weekend??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home